Diary of a Documentary

Sunday, October 08, 2006

18. Team Oyster


Kaite and I at chopper school. Here we come aerial footage!

Sadly my fossil whale doco has gone out of the window. After much wheeling and dealing I have paired up with Katie. We decided to go with an entirely new topic as both our original ideas had, shall we say, issues.

Sad as I am to put my whale baby to bed it seems that already we make a fab team. Our new idea was put to the test last week at the dreaded pitching session. More often than not these film pitching sessions end in tears, when we students get scorched by the hot breath of our lecturers as they proceed to tare our ideas to shreds. This time however, to my amazement, the comments were nothing but positive about Katie's and my film idea.

Hooray! Finally! Something is going right.
I may not be a deft hand with a camera, but at least I seem to be able to write a good story...one must be thankful for small mercies. I cannot of course take all the credit, but I can say that Team Oyster is on a roll!

The story? In a nutshell... An oyster fisherman, a dying oyster fishery, a tiny marine worm and a fight to save it all...Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger afirmatron said...

you chicks look hot, top guns stylzzzz!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Lu... said...

I can already see the guys at the from of the que to see you film with an ad like that 1st photo - hot chickas, butt-grabbing and hard-core helicopters. Will there be explosions?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Bojun Bjorkman-Chiswell said...

Explosions?! I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, HELL YES!

Choppers, hot chicks and a gun battle, oh i forgot the car chase but it will have to be a speed boat chase in stead...it ia after all about...what was it about again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home