Diary of a Documentary

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

1. Blog Boffin

I am now officially a Blogger! It's a status I would never have imagined gaining given that I have a serious aversion to anything with more than an ON and OFF button: I don't do mobiles, I don't drive...much, and only learnt this year what a Gig was, yet I have just taken, albeit one tiny step for most, but one giant leap for me, into the blogger sphere.

Not by choice, I assure you! The order to BLOG came from above (my lecturer), and the reason given was that this was an excellent opportunity to start practicing our writing - an essential skill for any budding Natural History Filmmaker. Like hell!

I came here to film cute Kiwis, regal Whales and slothful Sea lions. Yet I find I am to spend the year keeping a blog on the progress of making my Natural History documentary.

My dreams of coming to the land of the long white cloud to become the next David Attenborough are totally shattered.

The second thought that came to my mind when I was told to create a blog divulging to the entire Blogger sphere, not only what my movie is going to be about, but just how fabulously, or not, it is progressing was "Not a chance pal"! Reveal my idea, which I might add is a bonza, to all and sundry? You have got to be kidding!


So Bloggonians, (what do you call people who read Blogs?) I invite you to follow the trials and tribulations of a wannabe doco maker, but you will just have to wait for the premiere, at Cannes, to find out what exactly it is about.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Engel said...

Come on, tease us a little with your idea. I have a friend who went to Cannes and went to a Billy Zane party. Gee, imagine the fun? Billy Zane! Maybe it was a Billy Zane theme party. Like, come dressed as Billy Zane. Now there's a scary wild dog eat wild dog wildlife doco - Cannes producers and financiers party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home